Legal and Policy
ASSURE serves as the Federal Aviation Authorities Center of Excellence for Unmanned Aircraft Systems. In that role, ASSURE conducts applied regulatory research to inform national policy, regulations, guidelines and standards to safely integrate unmanned and autonomous systems into the nation’s transportation infrastructure.
- ASSURE Research Partner, UAF, Makes Alaska’s First Large Drone Flight from an International Airport
- ASSURE Research Partner, K-State Salina Selected to Once More Support National UAS Prize Competition
- ASSURE Research Partner, Embry-Riddle, Receives Federal Grant to Improve Drone Safety
- Executive Director, Colonel (Retired) Stephen ‘Lux’ Luxion will represent ASSUREuas for upcoming testimony before the Senate’s Subcommittee on Aviation Safety, Operations and Innovation Hearing
- ASSURE’s Luxion, and HPC2’s Breckenridge share expertise at U.S. Senate hearings
ASSURE allows industry and government agencies direct access to the capabilities and expertise of 26 universities and their researchers worldwide. The skills, abilities, and experience housed within ASSURE are critical to the success of our mission and the mission of our many partnering entities. The ASSURE organization is passionate about quality and meaningful research that safely and efficiently brings UAS into the National Airspace. If you see a topic area you would like to know more about please contact us directly for more information.
Related Research Projects