Flight Test Ranges and Airspace
ASSURE membership includes 4 FAA UAS flight test sites (University of North Dakota, University of Alaska-Fairbanks, New Mexico State University, and Virginia Tech). In addition, many ASSURE universities have flight test capabilities and the airspace to support such operations. These ranges provide research and demonstration operations supporting FAA technologies and concepts: Detect-and-Avoid, Command and Control, Airworthiness, Beyond-Visual-Line-of-Sight Operations, Standards Development, Air Traffic Control Operational and Communications Procedures, Multiple UAS Operations, Counter-UAS, UAS Traffic Management, Test & Evaluation of proposed standards, processes, and procedures, Environmental Impacts, and Urban Air Mobility.
- ASSURE Invites Virginia Tech to Join International Drone Research Alliance
- ASSURE Research Partner, UAF, Makes Alaska’s First Large Drone Flight from an International Airport
- ASSURE’s Lead, Mississippi State, Marked Another Milestone in the University’s History of Innovation in Aviation
- Embry-Riddle Studies Hyperlocal Weather Prediction for Drone Operation
- FAA Grants $5.8 Million to Center of Excellence, ASSURE, Led by Mississippi State University
- LabManager Features ASSURE Lead University, Mississippi State University’s Research
- Mississippi State’s Raspet Flight Lab, an ASSURE Research Partner, Working with 911 Security to Ensure Safe Drone Use On Campus
- Research Partner, University of Alabama at Huntsville and Huntsville International Airport Work Together to be Selected as Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Detection and Mitigation Research Program Test Site
- Fireside Chat: ASSURE Research Experts Will Discuss UAS Right-of-way for BVLOS Operations
ASSURE allows industry and government agencies direct access to the capabilities and expertise of 26 universities and their researchers worldwide. The skills, abilities, and experience housed within ASSURE are critical to the success of our mission and the mission of our many partnering entities. The ASSURE organization is passionate about quality and meaningful research that safely and efficiently brings UAS into the National Airspace. If you see a topic area you would like to know more about please contact us directly for more information.
Related Research Projects