Disaster Prep and Recovery
One of the major capabilities of unmanned and autonomous systems is their use in dull, dangerous, and dirty environments reducing risk to persons. These systems are a natural fit for use in preparation and response to both manmade and natural disasters. Unmanned systems, however, must be integrated with other manned systems and humans in providing increasing situational awareness and capabilities to safe lives and reduce loss of property.
ASSURE has been working with first responders, emergency management agencies, and regulators at the local, state, federal, and tribal levels to develop the regulations, guidelines, standards, data sharing, command and control, and other best operating practices through thorough surveying, exercises, and the development of education, training, and testing programs.
- ASSURE Research Partner, UAH, has Two Research Centers with Roles in New $360 Million National Water Alliance
- Embry-Riddle, an ASSURE Research University, and AIRT Partner to Study Public Safety and Emergency Services Use of Drones
- Mississippi State University, ASSURE’s Lead University and Kansas State University Partner to Lead First Responder UAS Competition
- Reuters’ Story Highlights How ASSURE, WiBotic and University of Montana Collaborate to Upgrade UAS Battery Power, Recharging Technology to Use Drones to Help Fight Wildfires
- University of Alabama to lead NOAA institute to advance water and flood prediction—will use ASSURE Partner UAH Research Centers for UAS and IT Expertise
- ASSURE Research Partner, K-State Salina Selected to Once More Support National UAS Prize Competition
- ASSURE’s Lead University, Mississippi State and Research Partner Kansas State University Conduct First Responders U.A.S. Triple Challenge
ASSURE allows industry and government agencies direct access to the capabilities and expertise of 26 universities and their researchers worldwide. The skills, abilities, and experience housed within ASSURE are critical to the success of our mission and the mission of our many partnering entities. The ASSURE organization is passionate about quality and meaningful research that safely and efficiently brings UAS into the National Airspace. If you see a topic area you would like to know more about please contact us directly for more information.
Related Research Projects